Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services Inc. is one of the largest privately held brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty, and risk management services. Since 1981, we have grown to employ over 200 people in 10 different geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Victoria, Alberta, and Ontario. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We Care. We Help.
In this role you’ll be reporting directly to the Controller and be part of a team of eight (8) other accounting professionals working in an environment with multiple business entities. This is an exciting role for someone who thrives working in a team environment and dealing with high volume tasks.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the full cycle company and broker payables which include reconciliation, resolution of discrepancies, payments, scanning and filing.
- You will prepare EFT and wire payments.
- You will be comfortable with CAD & USD currencies.
- You will ensure reconciliation of deposit insurance premiums and quarterly premiums.
- You will communicate as needed in a timely professional manner with internal and external parties.
- You will assist with receipts entry, preparation of deposit, scanning and filing.
- You will assist with entering online credit card information and other receipts.
- You will apply debits and credits, follow up on unapplied receipts prior to printing statements.
- You will reconcile client accounts, as necessary.
- You will reconcile the direct bill company payables.
- You will review direct bill commission deposits to appropriate brokerage.
- You will assist in other areas as required.
- You are someone who has at least 2 years of relevant experience in accounting.
- You have exposure to Trust accounting.
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- You are detailed-oriented, self-motivated and have a great ability to set priorities.
- You have strong organization and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- You have a strong advanced understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- You have the ability to learn new software quickly.
- You are a quick learner and able to adapt as we continue to expand.
- You are a problem-solver. You have innovative solutions to any problems you encounter.
- You are always looking to do things better and faster while having an eye for details.
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal, so you can easily explain accounting ideas to co-workers and third parties.
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to help in all areas, even outside of accounting. We’re a team who help each other and it’s important to us to add another team member who thinks likewise.
- If you are working towards your professional accounting designation this will be considered as an asset.
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- A newly renovated office space with gourmet kitchen
- On-site gym
- Yoga/Meditation room
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this.
Salary Range: $42,000.00 To 48,000.00 Annually
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.