This role would be located in Surrey, BC.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our Surety team in our Surrey office. In this role, you will collaborate with Account Manager (s)/Producer(s)/ to assist in the managing of our client’s accounts. This position requires a positive attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high paced environment. The portfolio of business focuses on but is not limited to various segments within the construction and contracting industry.Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services Inc. is one of the largest privately held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty, and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 200 people in 7 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Victoria, Alberta and Ontario. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We Care. We Help
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will manage the renewal cycle and servicing of client accounts.
- You will understand suretyship to the extent necessary to assist Surety Account Managers.
- You will analyze documents for surety requirements and risk exposures and obligations.
- You will analyze and understand bond forms.
- You will assist in the issuance of bid bonds, performance bonds, payment bonds, license bonds, and other surety bonds.
- You will obtain familiarity with online surety programs and company websites/portals.
- You will communicate professionally with others.
- You will bill all invoices accurately and timely.
- You will perform various other tasks associated with surety account management.
- You will demonstrate proficiency with Applied Epic, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Adobe, and other programs.
- You must be able to learn Quickly: You can learn new processes and procedures quickly and consistently apply learned knowledge.
- You adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business, and you adapt your work and communication style to best-fit new processes, procedures, and business needs.
- You are Precise: Your detail-oriented approach allows you to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- You maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- You work Proactively: Within the boundaries of your position, you do your best to meet business needs without being asked.
- You can effectively Multi-Task: You can manage multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- You develop Customer Loyalty: You are aware of, and go out of your way to help, customers.
- You promote Teamwork: You can work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- You think Critically: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- You communicate effectively.
- You demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion, as you will be exposed to clients’ confidential information.
- Level 1 or 2 insurance license is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- We are firm believers in the health and wellness of our staff and provide the resources and services to encourage and support this,
- Work/life balance is encouraged.