We are currently looking for a Technical Service Representative to join the Bond Department in our Langley office. In this role, the right candidate will collaborate with Account Executives and Account Managers in facilitating the issuance of contract surety bonds.
ABOUT US:Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services is one of the largest privately-held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in several geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Victoria, Alberta, and Ontario. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Account Executives and Account Managers on all aspects of our client’s surety facilities;
- Receive and review bond requests;
- Review contract documents and providing advice to clients specific to the security requirements;
- Submit bond requests to underwriter for approval;
- Process bonds and forward copies of bonds to surety company;
- Calculate bond premiums / adjustment premiums and prepare invoices;
- Maintain client records in Applied Epic;
- Send out contract status reports and update surety on job progress or final contract information;
- Maintaining continuing education credits for licensing;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
- Level 1 Insurance License is preferred, (but can be obtained in due course);
- Must be willing to learn, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- Financial background would be considered an asset;
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel);
- The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Friendly professional demeanor with a good sense of business acumen;
- Ability to thrive in a strong team environment and work well with others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional development opportunities including mentoring with industry leading brokers;
- Competitive salary and benefits programs;
- Remote working solutions;
- Work/life balance is insisted upon;
- A great collaborative and fun work environment;
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this.