We are currently looking for an Account Executive in our Prince George office.
Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services is one of the largest privately-held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Victoria and Alberta. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
What You’ll do:
- Maintain maximum retention of an existing book of business by providing exceptional client service;
- Attend external client meetings as required;
- Respond promptly to client emails and telephone calls;
- Prepare all client services documents together with the support team
(i.e. Renewal Summaries, Proposals, Underwriting Submissions);
- Maintain monthly expiry lists including following up on project expiries;
- Monitor abeyances for outstanding information;
- Update spreadsheets such as Statements of Values and Contractors Equipment Schedules;
- Write correspondence and send documents to clients (using company templates);
- Liaise with placement team (as required) on placements, renewals and midterm policy changes;
- Handle complete broking process on small mid-size policies within the book;
- Review leases and contract documents and provide coverage advice to clients;
- Provide bid costing for clients prior to tender closings and recommend appropriate coverage;
- Complete certificate requests in conjunction with the support team;
- Recommend additional coverage to clients (using coverage checklist);
- Quote and issue premium finance contracts as requested;
- Attend internal renewal strategy meetings;
- Proactively manage account receivables;
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures;
- Maintain continuing education credits for licensing;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Who You are:
- You have a minimum of 5 years account management experience and strong knowledge of commercial lines insurance (with knowledge of construction insurance being an asset)
- You have your Level 2 Insurance 2 License
- You have your CAIB License or working toward
- You have strong Customer Service Skills
- You have excellent people and communication skills
- You are a great team player!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Ready too apply? Click here!