We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines team in our Prince George office. In this role, you will collaborate with Account Producer(s)/Marketer(s) regarding client needs and recommend solutions with respect to placement, terms and policy conditions. This position requires a positive attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high paced environment. The portfolio of business focuses mainly on various segments within the construction and contracting industry.
Wilson M. Beck Insurance Group is one of the largest privately-held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Alberta and Victoria. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
What You’ll Do
- You will maintain maximum retention of existing book by providing exceptional client service;
- You will organize and attend internal renewal strategy meetings;
- You will respond promptly to client emails and telephone calls;
- You will prepare all client services documents (ie. Renewal Summaries, Client Proposals, Underwriting Submissions);
- You will maintain monthly expiry lists including following up on project expiries;
- You will monitor abeyances for outstanding information;
- You will update spreadsheets such as Statement of Values and Contractors Equipment;
- You will write correspondence and sending documents to clients (using company templates);
- You will be the liaison with marketing on placements, renewals and midterm policy changes;
- You will handle the complete brokering process on policies within the book;
- You will review of leases and contract documents and providing coverage advice to clients;
- You will provided costing for clients prior to tender closings and recommending appropriate coverage;
- You will complete certificate requests;
- You will recommend additional coverage to clients (using coverage checklist);
- You will quote and issue premium finance contracts as requested;
- You will follow up on accounts receivables;
- You will follow corporate policies and procedures;
- You will continue to maintain education credits for licensing;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years Commercial Lines experience, construction experience is an asset;
- You have your Level 2 insurance License, CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designation would be considered an asset;
- You are a self-starter, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office, The Agency Manager and/or Applied Epic;
- You have a friendly professional demeanor with a good sense of business acumen;
- You thrive working in a team environment and work well with others.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this
Ready to apply? Click here!