We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join our Construction team in our Victoria office. In this role, you will collaborate with Account Producer(s) regarding client needs and recommend solutions with respect to placement, terms and policy conditions. This position requires a positive attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high paced environment. The portfolio of business focuses on the construction and contracting industry.
Wilson M. Beck Insurance Group is one of the largest privately held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Alberta and Victoria. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for market negotiation and placement of project insurance,
- You will prepare all client services documents (ie. Quotations, Client Proposals, Underwriting Submissions);
- You will monitor abeyances for outstanding information;
- You will write correspondence and send documents to clients (using company templates);
- You will follow up on accounts receivables;
- You will respond promptly to client emails and telephone calls;
- You will follow corporate policies and procedures;
- You will continue to maintain education credits for licensing;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years Commercial Lines experience. Construction experience is an asset;
- You have your Level 2 insurance License, CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designation would be considered an asset;
- You are a self-starter, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office, The Agency Manager and/or Applied Epic;
- You have a friendly professional demeanor with a good sense of business acumen;
- You thrive working in a team environment and work well with others.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this
Ready to apply? Click here.