Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services is one of the largest privately-held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Alberta and Victoria. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
In this role you’ll be reporting directly to the VP of Finance while also working alongside the other Assistant Controller and our team of 6 other accounting professionals working in an environment with multiple business entities. This is an exciting role for someone who thrives working in a team environment and dealing with high volume tasks.
What You’ll Do
- You will prepare consolidated month-end financial statements;
- You will prepare quarter end reports and assist with fiscal year end;
- You will prepare KPI and forecasts;
- You will prepare external reports;
- You will reconcile banks, intercompany accounts, and GL accounts;
- You will administer finance contracts;
- You will prepare and file PST & GST tax returns;
- You are able to remain current and interpret tax policies;
- You will prepare cash flow projections;
- You will assist in developing and implementing procedures;
- You will assist in mentoring and supervising staff;
- You will work on special assignments, projects and other duties as required.
Who You Are
- You have your CPA designation with 5 years of experience;
- You have experience in Multi-business environment;
- You have experience in Trust Accounting;
- You have experience in Payroll;
- You have excellent communication skills both verbally and written;
- You have excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills;
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team;
- You are deadline driven, willing to face new challenges in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to help in all areas even outside of accounting. We’re a team who help each other and it’s important to us to add another team member who thinks likewise.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- Professional development training/courses
- A great collaborative work environment
- A newly renovated office space with gourmet kitchen
- On-site gym
- Yoga/Meditation room
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this
Ready to apply? Click here!