We are currently looking for a Personal Lines / Commercial Lines Account Manager to join the team in our Kamloops office.
Our Kamloops team will soon be moving into a newly renovated office space. We’re still a small team with lots of growth potential and we want to welcome a new team member who is excited to join an entrepreneurial, nimble and motivated team.
Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services is one of the largest privately-held construction focused brokerages in Western Canada and was recently named the 5th Top Brokerage in Canada for 2021. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981, we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations, being the: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Interior (Kamloops), Northern BC (Prince George), Alberta and Victoria. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
This is a blended role between Personal Lines Account Manager (75%), Commercial Lines Admin (25%) In this role, you will be the main Personal Lines Account Manager for the Kamloops office while also assisting in the Commercial Lines Department.
What You’ll Do
Personal Line Account Manager Responsibilities (75%)
- You will engage with our clients to determine their needs, provide expert advice and ensure the best coverage for them;
- You will develop new business opportunities;
- You will manage all aspects of an existing book of personal lines clients including reviewing, cross selling of products and remarketing;
- You will respond to all customer and company inquiries by providing effective and efficient customer service to verbal and written inquiries;
- You will manage and process renewals on a timely basis and maintain high levels of client retention;
- You will liaise with our processing department on document checking & issuance.
Commercial Line Administrative Responsibilities (25%)
- You will be responsible for following-up with insurance companies for outstanding documentation;
- You will liaise with our processing team with respect to Endorsement and Certificate of Insurance issuance;
- You will familiarize yourself with Insurance companies commercial portals.
- You will assist Senior Account Executives with account receivables;
- You will oversee all aspects of Event Liabilities Policies;
- You will set up new clients in our ‘EPIC’ client management software system;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required
- Office Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- You will answer and direct phone calls plus manage general client and company inquiries;
- You will manage mail and courier for the Kamloops office;
- You will be responsible for processing the office credit card payments and sending receipts to clients;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Who You Are
- You will have a Level 1 Insurance License, preferably Level 2;
- You have at least two years of experience in similar roles;
- You are a self-starter, who is highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have experience using Microsoft Office suites and EPIC;
- You have a friendly professional demeanour with a good sense of business acumen;
- You have a natural ability to thrive in a team environment and work well with others;
- You are driven to succeed and can represent our brand and your own cohesively and confidentially.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits programs;
- Professional development training/courses;
- A newly renovated office space;
- A great collaborative work environment;
- A community-minded organization;
- A positive and supportive setting which encourages the health and wellness of our team.
Ready to apply? Click here!