We are currently looking for a Commercial Lines & Administrative Assistant to join our team in our Victoria office.Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services is one of the largest privately-held construction focused brokerages in Western Canada and was recently named the 5th Top Brokerage in Canada for 2021. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the key locations to best service our clients. Since 1981, we have grown to employ over 200 people in 12 offices around Canada. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help. In this role, you will contribute to the administrative side of our Commercial Lines department, supporting our Senior Commercial Lines Team. You’ll also be responsible for the majority of other administrative tasks to help with the daily function of the office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for following-up with insurance companies for outstanding documentation;
- Liaising with our processing team with respect to Endorsement and Certificate of Insurance issuance;
- Responsible for attaching correspondence on behalf of Producer / Managing Partner;
- Assist with marketing small business on Insurance company portals;
- Assist Senior Account Managers with account receivables;
- Oversee all aspects of Event Liabilities Policies;
- Set up new clients in our ‘EPIC’ client management software system;
- Answer and direct phone calls plus manage general client and company inquiries;
- Manage mail and courier for the Victoria office;
- Responsible for processing the office credit card payments and sending receipts to clients;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has at least two years of experience in a similar role;
- A self-starter, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have experience using Microsoft Office suites and Applied Epic;
- Have a friendly professional demeanor with a good sense of business acumen;
- Have a natural ability to thrive in a team environment and work well with others;
- Are driven to succeed and can represent our brand and your own cohesively and confidentially.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits programs;
- Professional development training/courses;
- A great collaborative work environment;
- A community-minded organization;
- A positive and supportive setting which encourages the health and wellness of our team.