FULL TIME | SURREY, B.C.
We are currently looking for an Account Manager / Marketer to join our Commercial Lines team. In this role, you will collaborate directly with clients and Producer(s) to assess insurance needs, prepare Client Proposals, Marketing submissions, act as a liaison with our insuring partners, and prepare proposals so that Producers can close the sale. This position requires a positive attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to shift gear in a high paced environment. The portfolio of business focuses on but is not limited to various segments within the construction and contracting industry.
Wilson M. Beck Insurance Group is one of the largest privately-held construction brokerages in Western Canada. WMB has dedicated teams focused exclusively on insurance, surety, warranty and risk management services. We have strategically positioned ourselves into what we consider the four corners of BC. Since 1981 we have grown to employ over 180 people in 6 geographic locations: Lower Mainland, Okanagan (Kelowna), Kamloops, Northern BC (Prince George), Alberta and Victoria. Our strength is our people and their expertise – We care. We Help.
What You’ll Do
This is a hybrid role where the successful candidate will handle a combination of Account Management and Marketing.
Account Management Responsibilities:
- You aim for maximum retention of the existing book by providing exceptional client service;
- You will organize and attend internal renewal strategy meetings;
- You will attend external client meetings as required;
- You will respond promptly to client emails and telephone calls;
- You will ensure that all client services documents are prepared and in a timely fashion (i.e. Summaries of Insurance, Client Proposals, Invoicing Underwriting Submissions);
- You will maintain monthly expiry lists including following up on project expiries;
- You will monitor abeyances for outstanding information;
- You will update spreadsheets such as Statement of Values and Contractors Equipment;
- You correspond and send documents to clients (using company templates);
- You will be the liaison with marketing on placements, renewals and midterm policy changes;
- You will handle the complete brokering process on small mid-size policies within the book;
- You will review of leases and contract documents and providing coverage advice to clients;
- You will provide bid-costing for clients prior to tender closings and recommend coverage;
- You will ensure that all certificate requests are completed correctly and in a timely fashion;
- You will recommend additional coverage to clients (using coverage checklist);
- You will ensure that all Premium finance contracts are quoted/issued as requested by the Client;
- You will follow up with the Producer and work with Clients on accounts receivables;
- You will follow corporate policies and procedures;
- You will continue to maintain education credits for licensing;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
You will be the liaison with Client Executives to discuss client needs and make recommendations; regarding terms and conditions obtained;
- Assists with developing innovative marketing process for tough placement risks;
- Provide on-going servicing as required, negotiating mid-term changes with Insurers;
- Follows policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time;
- Be current on new products, insurance council regulations, coverage and market trends by attending seminars and reading relevant written material;
- Follows up for documentation from insurers
- Act as the primary technical support to staff for policy coverage review and company underwriting information needs;
- Attends Insurer and Industry functions
Who You Are
- You have 5 + years of experience in Commercial Lines roles, construction experience is an asset;
- You have your Level 2 insurance License, CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designation would be considered an asset;
- You are a self-starter, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- You are a strong negotiator on behalf of our Clients
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, The Agency Manager (TAM) and/or EPIC
- You have a friendly professional demeanor with a good sense of business acumen;
- You thrive working in a team environment and work well with others.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
- A Team of Talented and Experienced individuals who offer on the job Training and Support
- A Strong Processing Support Team to who provide additional support with paperwork
- Professional development opportunities
- Work/life balance
- A great collaborative work environment
- A newly renovated office space with gourmet kitchen
- On-site gym with bi-weekly Personal Trainer
- Yoga/Meditation room
- We are firm believers of the health and wellness of our staff and provide on-site resources and services to encourage and support this
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.